7 Ways to Make Money on Vacation
So, your planning your next vacation which means that you will probably spend some money. Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a way for you to make money while you are away from home? Believe it or not, there are a few ways that you can do this that I just recently tried out myself!
I would highly recommend that you join these programs and/or download these apps before you take your trip so that you can redeem your cash, rewards and freebies as soon as possible. Here are some practical ways to make money while you are out-of-town.
7 Ways to Make Money on Vacation
- 1. Mileup – This free app will give you 2 points for every mile that you drive that can be redeemed for free gift cards to places like Amazon, Target, Domino’s and other businesses. You can also use your points to enter sweepstakes to win a car, a getaway, gadgets and other BIG prizes. In addition to this, you can also earn $250 by reporting an accident through the app. In order to earn the cash and rewards from Mileup, you must download the app on Google Play or the App Store. Make sure you have your app is connected to a strong WiFi network so that your miles will be tracked correctly. To read more about Mileup and how it works, go to Workersonboard and check out this article.
- 2. ibotta – If you are traveling to your destination by airplane or plan to stay at a hotel, the ibotta app has several deals from companies like Hotels.com, HotelTonight, Mr. and Mrs. Smith (only for a limited time) and HotelStorm that will give you 10% cash back when you book a hotel with this company through the app. You can also get $10 cash back when you book a flight, hotel or car rental through CheapOair with the ibotta app. Other awesome cash back offers through ibotta are $1 cash back when you ride with Uber, cash back when you buy select items at Speedway, Thronton’s and other service stations. You can also get cash back when you upload your grocery receipts plus a $10 bonus when you join ibotta! Join ibotta for free today to get your cash back in less than 24 hours!
- 3. McDonald’s – You won’t necessarily make money with this app but you will get freebies with it which is almost just as good because you don’t have to spend your own money. I got so many free food items with the free McDonald’s app. Every single day there is a new free item that I can get if I go to the drive-thru or dine in at the restaurant without having to purchase anything. It really comes in handy when you have kids traveling with you. Download the app for free here on your tablet or smart phone. Available on Google Play or the App store.
- 4. Walmart Savings Cather – At some point, you will probably stop at Walmart when you reach your destination. It always seems inevitable that I visit Walmart to pick up supplies, snacks, food, sunscreen, etc. If you have the Walmart Savings Catcher app installed on your mobile device, you will get cash back to spend back at Walmart but if you don’t have the app, you are essentially throwing away money. Watch this video about the Walmart Savings Catcher App.
- 5. Groupon – On your stay, you may decide to check out some local attractions or take in some entertainment and dine out at a local restaurant. Groupon is the best site for deals so that you will not have to pay full price! Please signup for Groupon here to check out their latest deals.
- 6. Ebates – If shopping is on your agenda, you will definitely want to use Ebates so that you can get cash back just for shopping at select stores and online. Here are a few of the well-known stores that you can shop at physically to get cash back. Shoe Carnival, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, Gap, Crate & Barrel, J. Crew and others. You will also get $10 when you join and redeem your first offer plus cash back on your purchase.
- 7. PayyourSelfie – Use this free app to make money from your photos while you are out and about, with your friends, eating your favorite foods and much more. It is super easy to use.
What sites or apps do you use while you are traveling? Leave me your comments below. Please also take advantage of these other apps to make extra cash while you are traveling.