How does it work?
Turo is a company that helps individuals find car rentals so that they can use them for every day occasions or to travel to their destinations from real people. This can be a real life-saver for those who find themselves stuck in the airport without any access to a car rental. They have a mobile app that is available on Google Play or the App Store so that renters can access and rent cars on any budget. Car owners can use Turo to list their car(s) for free to rent out and put some extra cash in their pocket.
After your car has been listed on Turo, you will be notified when someone requests you car to rent. At that time, you can confirm or decline the trip and even contact the traveler with any questions you may have. If you confirm the trip, you get to personally meet with your guest or car renter, check their license as well as the fuel and mileage before they venture off on their destination. You will ensure that everything is in order when your vehicle has been returned.
Three ways you can earn cash with Turo?
This is one of the more popular methods to make money from home because you can rent your car out to others without every having to leave your residence. If the car renter lives near you, they will come and pickup the vehicle from you which makes it very convenient and idea for stay at home moms, dads and others.
Deliver your car
Turo has another option for car owners to deliver their cars to guests at airports and other local locations. If you do decide to go this route, you will earn even more money than simply having the renter come and pick it up.
Park and Earn
The third option is to park your car at LAX or SFO lots to guarantee extra monthly income. In order to guarantee that you will receive monthly income, you will need to leave your car there for two weeks at a time. So if you plan on going out-of-town or you need to take a flight, let Turo know and they will drive you to your terminal after you have dropped off your car at the Turo lot. Turo will take care of any rentals while you are away. You can also park your car there on the lot for a month or longer as long as it is in good condition. Turo will even cover any basic maintenance needs on cars during long-term parking reservations of a month or more.
Is it Safe?
You may be wondering if it is safe to rent out my car to strangers but Turo goes through a thorough screening process to make sure that it will be a pleasurable experience for both renters and car owners. Turo will also cover your car for every trip that is taken in your vehicle for up to 1 million dollars! Here are some of their eligibility requirements for car renters listed below as follows:
- Must hold a current and valid (non-temporary) driver’s license and present your license to the owner before you begin your trip.
- Must be at least 21.
- You will need at least a 2 year driving history if you are under 25.
- Renters must have a mobile phone in their name which will be verified by text message.
- Must be a registered user of Turo.
- Your car must be legally registered in your name and free of mechanical issues.
- Must be in fair condition and have fewer than 130,000 miles.
- Must be at least a 2006 year model vehicle.
- Car owners must have minimum insurance and registration.
- Your vehicle will need basic maintenance which includes: oil and filter changes, tire rotation, wiper maintenance and basic mechanical inspections.
- You will upload photos of your vehicle on their official website.
- If you have a car that is older than a 2006 model it can be listed on Turo as a specialty or classic car as long as it is in excellent condition.
- Read more of Turo’s eligibility requirements for car owners by going to their official website here.
How much can you earn renting out your car on Turo?
Of course you may be wondering how much can you earn for listing and renting out your car on Turo. Here is a breakdown of some of the earning estimates listed on Turo’s official website for car owners.
If you have a vehicle with a market value of around $20,000 and you rent your car out 15 days per month, you will earn around $6,501 each year. Turo sets your car daily rate based on market value, time of year, location and other data. You can also earn up to $425 extra per month by parking your car at SFO or LAX.
When you will you get paid?
Turo will deposit your earnings into your bank account every single week.
Why I recommend Turo?
I have 4 good reasons why you should give Turo a try. It is a great option for those who have multiple cars at their residence or a vehicle that is sitting idle or rarely being used to make extra money. It is also a very easy way to make money with little to no effort involved and you will also be helping out others in the process. You can also choose when and for how long you want to rent out your vehicle to best fit your needs. It is a ,win win situation!
How to sign up for Turo?
You can sign up for Turo to rent out your car for cash here. It is free and easy to get started. Make sure that you get started as soon as you can, so that you can earn extra cash tomorrow.