Most people today use technology to stay up to date with the latest entertainment, fashion, business and global news. But did you know that you can actually get paid to read various information online in the form of articles, books, and emails? Major companies, corporations and even blog owners are looking for more readers and visitors to their site and they will reward you for doing so.
Before you get started, you will need either a smart phone, tablet or a computer. You can also use both. You may be wondering if this is legit and why someone would pay you to do this? The answer is quite simple. If you are getting paid to read an article, it is exposure for that company. The company also hopes that you will enjoy that content, remember them and return to visit their blog or website for new content. Visitors can turn into loyal followers and readers for that company with the hopes that you may eventually tell your friends about it so they can have more subscribers and gain extra advertising dollars.
You benefit as well because you eliminate the task of browsing the web for the latest news updates and can simply access it with the touch of your finger. Now, you will not be able to earn a full-time income reading online but you can earn some extra cash and free gift cards for your time. If you are interested in doing this in your spare time, check out some of these sites that will pay you to read online below.
6 Sites that Pay you to Read Online
- 1. Mturk – Amazon Mturk had a need for people to read and rate articles for Hubpage authors before they were approved to go live. I am not sure if that is still the case but I do know that you could earn from $10 to $12 per hour rating and reading articles online. You will need to be a turker or worker for Amazon Mturk in order to get access to these gigs. You can read the entire article about how this works on my official website here.
- 2. Rewards Reader – This is a free app from Perk ( a rewards site that will pay you to do a variety of things online) including reading articles from sites like the Huffington Post, Buzz Feed, Variety and other well-known blogs. You will need to download the app and be a member of the Perk family. You can join the site here. You will earn points for every article that you read that you can redeem for a debit card, PayPal cash, gift cards and other rewards. It is super easy to use. Points are rewarded right after you visit the blog for just a few seconds. Please keep in mind when using this app that you will see a lot of ads.
- 3. Grab Points – Before you join this site, please use the code Workersonboard for 500 free points. Grab Points has an article tab that you can select that will give you points for each article you read. You would also need to share it to social media after you are finished to be credited. There are additional ways to earn with Grab Points including but not limited to watching videos, playing games and more.
- 4. My Points – This company has been around for a few years rewarding their members with free gift cards and other rewards to shop online, search the web, take surveys and even for simply reading your emails. The emails will come from MyPoints directly to your email inbox. If you click on that email, you will earn points that can be redeemed for free rewards.
- 5. Inbox Dollars – Not only will you get a $5 bonus when you join Inbox Dollars but you will earn cash in the form of a check in the mail to watch TV, take surveys and even for reading your emails. You earn $0.02 for every email you read but you will earn more by completing other activities with Inbox Dollars.
- 6. Online Book Club – This company needs people to write honest reviews about up-and-coming authors in exchange for cash and a free book. Please keep in mind that you are not required to write a positive review just an honest review. Most reviews pay from $5 up to $60 per review.
Do you know of any more sites that will pay you to read online? If so, please share your comments below. If you plan to give these sites a try, please let me know.