Data entry is a very popular job that many people would like to do from home. Because it is so desirable among remote workers, there is a lot of fierce competition in this field. First, there is the obstacle of finding a legitimate data entry job, and next comes the challenge of trying to get it. As scary as data entry jobs may seem to be, there are more and more opportunities for those seeking to find data entry jobs from home.
I have come up with a list of a few companies that you may not have even realized with current data entry positions and tasks for you to do from home. The pay will indeed vary from company to company but if working from home doing data entry is your goal, there are several options available to you. Here are a few tips as well as some companies that hire people to do data entry from home.
- Try to apply to as many data entry companies as you can. This will help to increase your possibility of getting a data entry job.
- Keep practicing and honing your keyboarding skills. The faster and more accurate you are in typing alpha and numeric keystrokes the more of an edge you will have over your competition. If possible try to reach the goal of typing at least 8,000 kph or have a typing speed of at least 50 wpm. If you can exceed this goal, by all means, do so.
- Apply more than once. If you have applied to a company and you do not hear a response in a sufficient amount of time (preferably in 8 weeks or so) try to reapply. You could also contact the company by email and ask what your status is in regard to possible employment with them. If for some reason, you did not get the position, try to apply again in a couple of months or so.
- Look at other alternatives to data entry like transcription. There are plenty of companies that will hire people to transcribe audio files from home. Some companies may not even require you to have transcription experience to start working there. Some companies that will allow you to do this are Scribie and Quicktate.
- Do not give up. If you want to work from home doing data entry, keep trying and searching for new companies that are hiring data entry keyers to work from home and apply to these as well.
- Virtualbee – They are constantly accepting applicants to work from home doing data entry. Now would be the best time to apply because tax season is fast approaching and there is a greater
possibility that you will be invited to work for this company. You should hear a response in no later than 8 weeks or so. Here is a YouTube video you can watch about how to pass the data entry test.
- Great American Opportunities – They need people to do data entry from home and key in magazine subscriptions from school order forms. Although there is a waiting list, you can still apply and try this legitimate company. To find out how to apply, please click here.
- ACS/Xerox – This company has data entry positions on their official website that you can search for that they post periodically. If you don’t find any at this time, try back in a couple of weeks or so for new postings.
- Cass Info – This company has positions for an offsite utility invoice processor or basically a data entry operator and they do require that you are able to type 10,000 kph. You will have to work in their Colombus, Ohio office for 90 days for training and then transition to work from home for them.
- Lionbridge – This company has crowdsourcing jobs available for you to do from home. Some tasks include data entry.
- Amazon Mturk – This company will pay you to complete hits or human intelligence tasks from home. There are several tasks available daily. Just type in data entry in the search box to complete those and earn money.
- Cloud Crowd – Another company that has data entry tasks that you can do from home. You will need a Facebook account to sign up for this company. Pays daily.
- Megatypers – They will pay you to type in captcha codes from home. You can work as much or as little as you want. The pay has increased by .25 during peak hours. To be able to work from home here, you will need to put in the invitation code 8J7 or 8J8.
- Microworkers – Another site that will pay you to complete data entry tasks from home.
- Short Task – Get paid to complete individual tasks from home, including data entry.
- Clickworker – This crowdsourcing site has several tasks available that you can do from home like data entry, writing, etc. You can live anywhere and work from home here. Pays weekly.
- Fiverr – You can offer to do data entry tasks for others from home and get paid. This is a great way to promote your data entry skills and get data entry gigs from home.
Anonymous · November 3, 2013 at 11:58 pm
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that
I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
my webpage :: anti aging treatments
Alicia Washington · November 5, 2013 at 5:05 am
Thank you for your comments and for reading.