Let me first start this post by stating that it was never my goal to make YouTube videos because I am a very shy, reserved person. I never even thought that I would earn around $150 a week doing this but I do want to share my experience with you guys and show you that anyone can make money doing YouTube videos. This article will show you how I got started and how you can do this too.
In the Beginning
I toyed with the idea of making YouTube videos in my head for a few months before I actually made one. I watched YouTube myself and I noticed that there were a lot of people on YouTube talking about how to make money online but there was not a channel dedicated to helping people find legitimate work at home jobs or at least not a channel that I knew of, so I decided that even though I already had a website that explored this topic there was a great need to introduce this on YouTube. I was somewhat afraid and nervous about exposing myself to the public, but I swallowed my pride and made a video and focused more on the message that I was delivering rather than my appearance. I figured that I didn’t have a makeup channel so I wouldn’t have the pressure to live up to looking a certain way, I would just be myself. Although I have decided to dress up my face a little for the camera so that I won’t fade out in the background. I made and published my first video on YouTube January 16, 2012 on the Super2Moms channel. I don’t particularly like the name but I have to stick with because I can’t change it unless I add another channel and come up with a new name. I have heard a lot of people say that making money online is just not factual. There is no possible way to do this and my video was telling people the exact opposite. So what’s next? I came up with a strategy.
I decided to treat my videos that same way I would by blog and website. To create content on a regular basis to give my readers, subscribers, etc. something to look forward to. I would make a video every week. I am constantly researching how to make money from home, the latest work at home jobs, and doing some of the things that I was talking about myself so now I could use this video platform to do the very same thing. I also decided to make a short outline of some things that I would talk about for the week. Did it work? For a while, I didn’t have any subscribers and so I thought that maybe I should give up but as the saying goes patience is a virtue and if you stick with it, it can pay off. After a couple of months I started to get comments, a couple of subscribers, and I even saw some earnings listed on my Google Adsense account under “Hosted Adsense for Content”. I had no idea what this was until I investigated and learned that it was from my YouTube videos. I was encouraged by this and continued to make videos. Here are some more strategies that I incorporated for my videos:
- I improved the lighting in my videos
- I do not edit my videos to omit stumbling over words and mistakes. My videos are not perfect but neither am I.
- I share them on social media.
- I embedded a video library on my website so that they can be watched there.
- Some of the content that I share on my YouTube channel is specifically for my subscribers.
- I incorporate the screen capture method is some of my videos to show how to do something. One of my most popular videos was on how to pass the test for Virtualbee (you can watch it here if you like). A legit data entry company that you can do from home.
In the last 30 days from February 16, 2013 to March 17, 2013, I earned $672.65 from YouTube. You can see my stats below:
How you can accomplish this too
I wrote this post to show you that you can do this too. As a matter of fact, you could even earn way much more than I have or ever will! How? If you have a camera, webcam iphone or android phone that will take videos you can start your own YouTube channel and earn money online. It may be easier than you think and best of all is that it will not cost you anything. Here is how you can get started today!
- Create an account on YouTube with your username and password.
- Come up with a unique name for your channel that will be reflective of your videos.
- Start making videos and upload them to Youtube
- Almost anyone can be a YouTube partner. YouTube will ask if you want to monetize (earn money from your videos) and you will just check yes and agree to their terms of service and advertising will run along with your videos automatically.
- Obtain a Google Adsense account. If you don’t already have one, once you allow for your videos to be monetized YouTube/Google will assist you in completing this step.
I am not an expert by any means but here are a couple of tips about making and uploading YouTube videos that I thought would be helpful in this post.
- Make sure your videos are stable. If it means to use a tripod, webcam that is hard wired to your computer, whatever it takes. This will make for a good, stable, quality video presentation.
- Just be natural and try to focus on your topic.
- Look at the camera. Try not to turn away unless you are reading from your notes, script, etc.
- Try to keep your videos under 10 minutes if you can. If for some reason, your video needs to be longer, you can make 2 parts to the video. You can do this by recording and uploading one and repeating this step for the second part.
- Try to record when there is less activity and noise at home, if at all possible.
If you have something that you would like to share with others and you want to get your message out there, YouTube is a great place to start. You can earn passive income every week without having to write or blog. Don’t be afraid if you find that someone else has a channel that is centered around yours. That is okay because everyone is different and you can bring out and highlight certain things that they may not have thought of. You have your own unique style that separates you from others regardless if it happens to be on the same subject. Also, don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Isn’t that what life is all about. You will learn from them and grow. This article proves that you don’t necessarily have to be a YouTube sensation to earn money from YouTube.