What kind of work will I be performing at Literably?
As an online scorer, your job will be to produce and complete exact word and non-word utterances in the audio file. Each audio file will range from just a few seconds to a minute. The audio files are mostly from children who are attempting to read prepared texts.
How will I transcribe a recording for Literably?
Literably has an online transcription interface with original text for you to modify to display exactly what the child says in each audio file. This makes it easy for the scorer to transcribe the recording because you simply have to modify the text by hovering over the word or space using shortcuts that are contained in the instruction guide found on Literably.
Once you are satisfied with the text you have made changes to, you can simply click the submit button to move on to the next recording after you have reviewed your errors.
Is there any equipment that I will need to work for Literably?
It is recommended that you invest in a quality pair of headphones so that you can hear and pick up hard-to-hear words and phonemes. A phoneme is the smallest unit of human speech like “ch” or “sh” or “b” for example.
Will I receive training?
Because there is no experience required for this position, you will be properly trained to perform this type of work. In fact, when you begin working for Literably, you will be transcribing training recordings in the beginning. But after you have completed your training, you will transcribe a mix of real and training recordings.
How long will the application process take?
The application process will take no longer than 30 minutes total to complete. You will first need to create an account with Literably with your name, PayPal, and email address. After you have logged in, you will be required to score at least 6 training recordings.
Things to keep in mind while you work at Literably
- Make sure that you read over the instruction guide entirely. Take the time to do this before you score your first training recordings.
- You are not required to submit a resume because the hiring is based on your performance. If your performance on your training meets their minimum threshold, Literably will make arrangements to contact you.
- Also, review the phoneme chart so that you will know how to transcribe non-words.
- Literably has provided a YouTube video that explains exactly how you transcribe a recording. The video is less than 5 minutes long and can prove to be a great asset to getting a better understanding of how transcribing is carried out at Literably.
- If you make a mistake, you will be able to go back and correct them. However, you will not be able to do so when you are transcribing a training recording that is why it is so important for you to watch the video and review the instruction guide.
- Literably covers all PayPal fees.
- Payments are made every Friday through your PayPal account based on the total number of audio minutes correctly transcribed.
- You can make over $10 per hour working from home for Literably once you get familiar with transcribing recordings.
If you are interested in working from home for Literably, please sign up as an Online Scorer here.
ken locke · October 22, 2016 at 5:04 am
Alicia W, I am trying to sign up for the Literably position for online scorer. My brain is not working! The sign up is asking for me to create an account with them or am I asked to put my Paypal information and password ? Pls help. Ken, subscriber.
aw1219 · October 22, 2016 at 3:06 pm
Hi Ken, that’s okay. Here is what you need to do to get started. On the sign up page where you are asked to input your name and PayPal address, input that information and then you can log in and access the instruction guide, scorer portal and even change your password. You can begin the test after you have watched the video and went over the instruction guide completely. From that point, you will be notified from the company based on your assessment. I hope this helps to clear up any questions you had. If not, please leave me another comment and I will try to give you an answer.
ken locke · October 22, 2016 at 11:17 pm
Thank you for the quick reply. On the sign up, I forgot to specify the problem, all the information for the sign up page I have for Paypal is correct but it is the user id they asking is a required field. I don’t have a user id on my Paypal account. For the password, I use my Paypal pw, right ? Pls advise, Ken
aw1219 · October 26, 2016 at 12:01 am
Okay, I think I understand. When you input your user id it is one that you picked when you sign up. It is not your PayPal password. It would be your user name and password that you select to sign in for Literably. I hope this helps.
Alyssa Greenidge · November 10, 2016 at 6:15 pm
Hi i am desperately seeking this job because i am currently going through financial difficulties and need a way to pay my bills fast!. i would like to know what is your best advice in passing this test with flying colors. i also would like to know if you are currently working this job so i can get 1st hand information. do they pay you right away or do you initially have to wait 2 weeks before 1st check? Thank you