Please keep in mind that laws can be changed, modified and adjusted from time to time so just because a certain company or companies may not hire in your state at this particular time does not mean that it will remain that way. Please continue your job search diligently on sites like Craigslist, Indeed and elsewhere to find new companies that may hire home agents in Washington DC or the state in which you live.
Tips for Finding Work at Home Jobs in Washington DC
- Make sure that you check the frequently asked question, work at home requirement or technical pages to see if they hire in Washington DC.
- If the company does specify certain states they hire from you can apply to those companies.
- Search and apply to non-phone work at home jobs because a lot of these companies do not require you to live in a specific state. There are a lot of sites to choose from that will give you more options. You can check out some non-phone work at home jobs on this page.
- Try crowdsourcing or online writing companies because they normally accept remote workers in all states unless otherwise stated. There are many companies that accept writers here.
- Try doing freelancing work on sites like Fiverr, Elance or Odesk for extra money.
Here are a few legitimate companies that hire and look for remote workers to work from the comfort of their home office.
This company hires people in several states including Washington DC to work from home as a home advisor, tech support and other areas.
This company hires appointment setters to work from home in the Washington DC area with previous cold calling or telemarketing experience. Pays $12 per hour to start. Can earn up to $18 per hour. Not commission based just hourly pay.
This company hires telephone mystery shoppers to work from any location inside the US.
This company hires customer service, sales and service and tech support reps in Washington DC and 34 other states for agents to work from home. Pays $9 per hour with benefits.
This company is listed on the weekly job section of Workersonboard.com today seeking advocacy coordinators to work from home making outbound outreach calls. No selling involved. Pays $12 per hour.
This company hires those with a 2 or 4 year degree to work from home answering inbound calls from patients or placing outbound calls to patients.
Online writing tutors from anywhere needed to work from home. Must have 2 years experience. Paid training. Pay starts at $15 per hour with a flexible schedule.
Star Tek hires customer care reps to work from home in a few select states including Washington to take calls from customers and responding to their questions, inquiries and concerns. Must have 6 months experience and a land line phone.
This company hires experienced transcriptionists to work from home from anywhere as long as you have Internet connection. Pays $40 per audio hour.
USA Contact Point hires independent contractors in Washington DC and other states to provide customer service by providing phone support to their clients. Pays $8 up to $21 per talk time.
Uhaul hires U-box agents, customer service and eCenter sales agents to work from home from multiple states across the US.
Hires ad quality raters to spot awkward web advertisements or those poorly matched with web results to work from home up to 29 hours per week. Weekly pay via direct deposit. Pays $15 per hour.