As you probably already know, Amazon is one of the largest online retailers in the United States that consumers go to and shop for electronics, home decor, toys, office supplies, books and so many other products. According to Wikipedia, Amazon is now one of the most valuable retailers in the United States. Due to the great demand for consumer products made available on Amazon, it affords others the opportunity to use this company to make some extra money.
How can this be accomplished?
It is a lot simpler than you may realize. The very first thing that you will need to do is to visit Amazon and browse their services. Once you see something that appeals to you, sign up for their program. It is always free and normally requires for you to input your personal information including but not limited to your name, email address, possibly physical address, EIN or social security number (for sellers) and other important details.
Why I recommend using Amazon to Make Money from home?
The obvious reason why I use Amazon and recommend others to use this site to make extra money from home is because they already have a massive amount of traffic to their site daily which means that your products or services has the potential to be seen by a lot of people, including potential buyers. The more that people become aware of your product, the more likely they are to buy it which means more revenue for you. Also, Amazon is trusted by millions of households worldwide so you have a better chance of generating a sale on Amazon as opposed to selling your products or services on a lesser known or up and coming site that others may not have heard of before. Amazon has also been known to promote your books and other products that you may sell for free all around the web. This helps you to reach more customers without having the added expense of advertising it yourself. Amazon takes care of all your sales transactions, delivery of product, (on certain items), transfer of payment to the seller and will even allow you to have access to your sales data, clicks to your products and so forth in your seller dashboard or analytic page.
If you have not tried Amazon to generate some income for yourself yet, here are a few ways in which you can do so.
12 Awesome Ways to Make Money on Amazon
1. Amazon Mturk – You can earn extra money completing short tasks in transcription, data entry, taking online surveys and several other ways. You will need to sign up to be a worker and wait for your account to be approved. The approval process should take no longer than 48 hours. Once your Mturk account is approved, you are free to choose which tasks you would like to complete. Amazon Mturk pays their turkers to complete hits or human intelligence tasks daily. To find out how you can make more money with Amazon Mturk, make sure that you read this article here.
2. Customer Service – Amazon also hires people to work from home during peak seasons to service customer calls in relation to inquiries regarding their orders, delivery times and features of the Amazon experience. They hire in select states across the US and the pay starts at $10 per hour. You can find out more about these positions by visiting their official website.
3. Amazon Affiliate – The Amazon affiliate program has been around since 1996 and they will pay you a commission to advertise their products on your blogs, website, forums etc. When others follow or click-through the links to buy something from Amazon, you can earn up to 15% of that sale just for referring people to Amazon.
4. aStore – Amazon also has another way for affiliates to make money from home with their own aStore. This is different from text links and banners that you would include on your site because this would be a virtual store. You can easily add Amazon.com and Endless.com products to your store with the click of a mouse. You can tailor the products that you feature on your store to your audience which also features a shopping cart and images and product details of the products that you are selling. It is free to create one and takes no longer than 15 minutes of your time. You can either link the store to your blog or website or embed the store in your site with an html frame. Amazon will handle all of the transactions for you. You simply wait for your payment.
5. ebooks – Sell your original ebooks through Amazon Direct Publishing to list and have it featured on Amazon.com’s official website. You will have to upload a pdf file of your book and wait no longer than 24 hours for each book to be approved. One benefit to selling your e-book on Amazon is that it will be visible on their worldwide Amazon markets also. Amazon Direct Publishing has free covers for you to use and upload, fonts and other features. You will up earn to 70% royalty from the sale of each book that will be sent to you monthly. There are no fees to sign up and enroll and you can set your own rates for how much you want your books to sell for. I have used Amazon Direct Publishing for the last 4 years to sell my ebooks and generate passive income for myself. In fact, Amazon Direct Publishing was one of my top online earners for 2015. Click here to find out who else made the list.
6. Audiobooks – If you prefer to narrate audiobooks instead of writing them, Amazon has a platform called ACX where narrators, studio professionals, authors and others can earn money with audiobooks. You will earn $50 every time someone joins Audible and purchases your book.
7. Amazon Handmade – This site is somewhat similar to Etsy which allows a virtual platform for creators and artisans to sell their unique, handcrafted goods on Amazon. In order to participate in this program, you will need to register as a seller on Amazon, create your profile, set up your products to list on your store and get ready to ship your products to your customers. Amazon charges a $39.99 monthly fee If you sell more than 40 items in your handmade account. This fee is waived until August 1st, 2016. Click here to apply to be a seller on Amazon and read more about this program.
8. Sell your Books – Do you have used textbooks and other books lying around your home that are no longer in use? If so, you can sell or even trade in your books to Amazon. All you have to do is to pick which books you want to sell for an instant quote, ship them to Amazon for free to receive an Amazon gift card.
9. Sell other items – Amazon helps you to sell your Amazon devices, baby products, cameras, phones, clothing and other items fast with this program. You can choose to sell as an individual or as a professional. You will need to set up and register for an account in order to sell on Amazon.
10. Amazon Underground – Amazon Underground is a program that allows developers to get paid every minute that their app is used by a customer. You will need to publish your app to Amazon Underground with a registered developer account. Make sure that you check to see if your app is eligible and if so, you can start earning cash right away. It is completely free. You can also sign up for the In-App Purchasing program to offer digital content and subscriptions for others to purchase within your app.
11. Merch by Amazon – This Amazon program allows developers to sell branded merchandise withing your app with the sale of branded t-shirts that you create. Your t-shirts will be sold and shipped by Amazon. All you have to do to get started is to upload your logo or artwork, sign up for a Merch account by Amazon and promote and sell your t-shirt through the Amazon Mobile ads API. You will earn a royalty for every t-shift sold with no out-of-pocket fees.
12. Kindle Publishing for Blogs – Amazon also has another program that allows blog owners and webmasters to add and sell their blogs on the Kindle store. You will need to create an account and list your blog for a set price. When kindle users subscribe to your blog via the Kindle store, you will earn revenue. It is completely free and only takes minutes to set up. You will need a blog in order to sign up for this program.
Udemy Courses for Amazon Sellers to Increase your Earnings