List of Sites that Will Pay for your Poems
Do you have a knack for writing and expressing yourself through poems? Would you like to earn some extra money for your unique poetry? If so, there are several sites that are looking for people to submit their original poetry to them online. In order for them to accept and possibly publish your poems, they cannot be previously published anywhere in print, online or accepted for publication.
You may write poetry in your spare time as a hobby but it can be a great stepping stone into being a freelance writer and submitting your content online or just another avenue for you to make extra money from home. The great thing about writing poetry is that you do not have to be an exceptional writer or have previous experience. Poetry can also be a great outlet for those who are not that comfortable writing online or for those who are very good at self-expression.
If this happens to be you or you know someone who excels at doing this, encourage them to explore and submit to some of these poetry writing markets online so that they will be rewarded for their talents. Here are a list of some companies that you can submit your original poetry online to in exchange for payment.
- Poetry Foundation – Pays $10 per line with a minimum payment of $300.
- Rattle – Pays $50 per contribution and a complimentary 1 year subscription to their magazine.
- The Three Penney Review – Pays $200 per poem.
- Crazyhorse – Pays $20 per page with a maximum payment of $200.
- VQR – Pays $200 per poem or $0.25 per word if longer.
- Blue Mountain Arts – Pays $300 to publish poem worldwide and include in greeting cards and other products and $50 for a one-time use in a book.
- AGNI Online – Pays $20 per page for poetry.
- Ruminate Magazine – Pays $15 per poem.
- EPOCH – Pays $50 per poem.
- FunforKidzMagazine – Pays $10 per poem.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul – Pays $200 per poem.
- Clubhouse Jr. Magazine – Pays $50 up to $100 per poem.
- US Kids – Pays $35 and up per poem and Jack & Jill pays $25 up to $50 per poem.