The good news is that although the website for Virtualbee has now been changed to Lionbridge, the sign up process is still the same. This is how it works.
1. You will go to the Lionbridge/Smart Crowd website here and sign up to join their Smart Crowd so that you can complete a variety of tasks right from your home office.
2. After you have filled out your information on the sign up page, you will need to confirm your email address that Lionbridge will send to you and tell them more about yourself and your skills.
3. Once you complete the second step you will see one or more evaluations for you to take. After you have taken at least one evaluation for Lionbridge, they will contact you when work is available based on the scores from your evaluation. Please keep in mind that you can take as many evaluations as you want but you will have to take at least one placement evaluation before you will be considered for work. Also know that the higher your score is the better your chances are to earn money for the tasks that you perform.
Here are some other factors that you will need to know before you apply to work from home doing data entry tasks for Lionbridge.
- You must be at least 18.
- There are no fees associated with this company.
- You can work from any location including if you live outside the US.
- You can work whenever you want for as long or as little as you want.
- Lionbridge will pay you per task completed.
Additional details about the sign up process for Lionbridge
- It will take you less than 10 minutes to sign up.
- You must agree to the service level agreement before you can move forward.
- You will need to provide your payment information before you can work on any tasks.
- If you don’t receive your confirmation email within an hour, check your junk email or contact Lionbridge.
What about those who previously worked for Virtualbee?
If you already completed and worked on data entry tasks from home for Virtualbee, you can still complete these tasks on your own schedule but you will now log in at the Lionbridge/Smart Crowd platform using the same email address and password that you had with Virutalbee.
I asked Nicholas from Lionbridge to clarify how this would work and this is the response that I received.
Thank you for transitioning from Virtual Bee to the Smart Crowd! I understand you have some questions about the new site. Don’t worry! Not much has really changed–you will still be able to do the same work with the same pay and the same payout thresholds (the threshold was accidentally set to $40 but has now been fixed to what it was before).
There will be some slight changes to the Smart Crowd that you should keep in mind:
– If there is no work available for a category, it will not appear on your work list, even if you are qualified for it. If you are not seeing any work types, it simply means nothing is available right now.
– Our evaluations for new types of work are currently down during the transition. They will be back up very soon and you will be able to qualify for new types of work, some of which will be at higher pay rates. This does NOT affect the work types that you have already qualified for.
-The old Virtual Bee page now automatically re-directs you to https://thesmartcrowd.lionbridge.com/. This is where you will login now, but your username and password have not changed.
The most important thing to remember is that all of your work and payment information will remain the same. Thank you for sticking with us during the move and welcome to the Smart Crowd!
The Lionbridge team
You can watch this video tutorial that I created about how to sign up for and log in to those data entry tasks for the Lionbridge/Smart Crowd website below.
You can also read the Real Truth about working from home for Lionbridge here.